Windows Installer Error 1719 (Windows 7 x64)
I was recently trying to install SolidWorks 2011 on Windows 7 x64 and it failed. Typically I’d expect problems with XP x64, but not with Windows 7 with .Net and Windows Installer all part of the OS.
The SolidWorks Installation Manager provided a link to the Installation Logs ( C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SolidWorks\Installation Logs\2011 SP0 ). Looking at the latest txt file ( SummaryIMLog_20110.txt ) I saw “Installation Error 1719″ and “Installation Error 1603″.
I also looked at the Windows Event Viewer, and saw the failed installation and the Error 1719. See image below.
First Attempted Solution
- As Windows Installer v5 is part of Windows 7, it would not show up in Add/Remove Programs to do a repair (as I would have done for XP).
- Make sure that the Windows Installer service is running (Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Services)
- As on the SW KB, I had tried registering and reregistering Windows Installer.
- I even browsed directly to the SolidWorks setup (bypassing the Installation Manager), but it immediately threw up the 1719 error and stopped.
Final Solution to 1719 Installation Error
- Start, then Run, then type regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENT CONTROL SET\SERVICES\MSIserver\WOW64
- Right click on WOW64, then select Modify
- Set Value Data to 0 (mine was set at 1) and Base should be Hexadecimal
(see below image for screenshot)
- Close the Registry Editor
- Reboot the PC
Command Prompt: net stop msiserver and net start msiserver
- Install SolidWorks